- Founded by Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes, and Eduardo Saverin ata Harvard University on February, 2004.
- There are over 1.86 billion monthly users. It continues to grow every year.
- The “like” button has been pressed over 1.13 trillion times since it was introduced in 2009
- Facebook made 70 billion in revenue between July and September of 2016
- Every 60 seconds on Facebook: 510,000 comments are posted, 293,000 statutes are updated, and 136,000 photos are uploaded.
- On February 24, 2016 Facebook adds “Love”, “Haha”, “Wow”, “Sad”, and “Angry” reaction buttons for people to better express themselves.
- In 2015, Zuckerberg extends internet.org effort to provide internet access to the rest of the world.
- Facebook is headquartered in Menlo Park, California. It employs approximately 15,724 people.