- In March 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams.
- The first Tweet was sent on March 21, 2006 by Jack Dorsey.
- Twitter has become internationally identifiable by its signature bird logo.
- On August 2007 The hashtag (#) debuts on Twitter.
- US Airways plane crash in NYC’s Hudson River is shared on Twitter; the photo is the first from the scene, breaking the news before traditional media knew about it.
- There are 319 million monthly active users.
- 500 million Tweets are sent daily and 200 billion tweets per year.
- 80% of users are mobile
- 29.2% of social media users in the United States are Twitter users.
- 60 million Twitter users in the U.S.
- In 2016, Twitter’s revenue on advertising was 545 million dollars.